Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this classic text helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. With its conservative, cost-effective approach, this book shows you how to achieve treatment goals while keeping your patients’ best interests in mind.
- Solid foundation of the anatomical, physiological, and biomechanical aspects of the masticatory system gives you the basic foundation for clinical use.
- Detailed how-to information on clinical examination, data gathering, and differential diagnosis for temporomandibular disorders helps you learn to correctly plan treatment.
- Clinical Comment boxes give you critical thinking points and instructions on how to apply these to everyday clinical practice.
- NEW! Robust Q-website features an image library, case studies, and NBDE-style questions.
- NEW! Full-color design offers more vivid clinical photos, illustrations, and information.
- NEW! Major revisions to Part II with specific detail to Etiology provides more up-to-date information on this critical area.
- NEW! Patient education sheets include the most common TMDs.
- NEW! Updated treatment algorithms are included for each TMD.